You are here
Design for Change
Design for Change
Architecting Adaptable Cyber-Physical Systems
Is this course for you?
This course primarily targets current and future architects of Cyber-Physical Systems on system and software level. Furthermore, product and project managers as well as requirements engineers, developers, quality assurance experts, and integrators benefit from the course.
The topics discussed are relevant for large corporations as well as to SME's in all industry segments.
What is this course all about?
The first part of the course is online and is composed of different modules, which will create first new insights and prepare you for the face-to-face workshop. The main topics of the online preparation part include:
- Understand industrial trends and the respective change drivers in Cyber-Physical Systems
- Understand the notion and role of architecture and architect
- Learn architecting practices, principles and patterns
- Understand typical pitfalls and best practices for architecting configurable systems
- Learn how to architect open adaptable systems
- Understand principles and approaches to engineer a family of system variation
- Understand the role and specifics a modular platform or product line architecture
In addition, we will also introduce some cases that are going to be elaborated in the face-to-face workshop.In the face-to-face workshop, we will recap some the key concepts of phase 1 and add more details about approaches and technology for:
- Specifying architecture drivers
- Specifying architecture design
- Assessing drivers and design
- Product line engineering approaches
- Planning and specifying product variants and modular product platforms
- Design of modular platform or product line architecture
We will practice these approaches by means of hands-on exercises and will discuss issues that you are most likely facing in your daily work.
In the third phase, you will revise some given examples and will apply the learned approaches to your context.
To this end you will be assigned some tasks and we will provide you feedback on your results.
Questions about course content, enrolment, payment, Hotel?
Meet experts description.
Meet your coaches!
Dr. Martin Becker
Dr. Martin Becker is working since 2003 for Fraunhofer IESE. He is leading the department of Embedded Systems Engineering at Fraunhofer IESE and is an expert in variant management, and system architecture modeling.
Dr. Pablo Oliveira Antonino
Dr. Pablo Oliveira Antonino works since 2009 at the Fraunhofer IESE, where he is a senior engineer and project manager. His work focuses on the construction and analysis of architectures of dependable embedded systems from various domains such as automotive, agriculture, medical devices, and avionics.